Let young savers navigate through financial challenges, having fun along the way, with our interactive game.
- Geared for kids age 8 to 14
- Free, multi-level online game
- Teaches valuable financial skills
- Enhance experience with a physical passport and stickers
- Earn real-life rewards
- Parents can play along
- Teachers can use in classroom
- Meets national standards for financial literacy
- Developed by award-winning teacher
Kids learn the principles of financial responsibility and decision-making first-hand through interactive online missions. The actions taken by these budding financial gurus decide the outcomes of characters, like Stone Broke, who's trying to turn his financial situation around with better money management. Kids experience nonstop fun — picking up valuable lessons along the way!
Good spending habits are not only learned, they are also reinforced with the chance to earn real-life rewards for game achievements. Once you've completed MoneyIsland by saving Stone Broke, you are eligible to redeem a secret prize from our treasure box! Simply bring in the electronic reward completion certificate to any FSB of Forrest branch.
Tracking the progress of your budding financial apprentice is fun and easy! Each child is issued an official MoneyIsland password, where they collect new stickers for every benchmark they reach. Best of all, it provides a great opportunity for grown-ups to interact with kids, tracking their progress and watching each milestone materialize into real-life achievements.
Though geared toward tweens ages 8 to 14, the lessons instilled in MoneyIsland will serve the players throughout their adult life. The curriculum in MoneyIsland is aligned with national standards published by the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy. MoneyIsland is designed to build skills in three basic areas: Managing Money, Saving & Investing, and Using Credit Wisely.
The lessons are presented in quests to exotic places, including:
- Eiffel Tower – Spend, Grow, and Give
- Great Wall of China – Want & Needs and Taxes
- Sphinx – Types of Income
- Atlantis – Using Credit Wisely
- Big Ben – Understanding Interest
- Acropolis – Building Wealth